For some time now, the Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1 is showing awareness of the environment and this is evident in our daily operations. Several initiatives and actions have been implemented to reduce waste, reduce water consumption and minimize CO2 emissions.
On October 21, 2011 Mr. Gert van der Valk received the Green Key Gold certificate from the hands of Mr. Erik van Dijk, director of the Foundation Quality Mark for Environment, Safety and Quality.
As a result of environmental responsibility within the Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1, we achieved a beautiful and the highest results. The Green Key is the international standard for businesses in the tourism and leisure industry that are serious about the environment and show a verifiable process of corporate environmental management.
Several initiatives have been implemented within the Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1:
Housekeeping and rooms
- Consciously dealing with change of linen and towels.
- Reduction of electricity when leaving the room.
- Water saving in the bathroom.
- LED and energy-saving lamps available.
Decrease internal paper use
- The paper used at Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1 is printed double sided.
- Brochures, leaflets and other printed matter and invoices are printed on paper with an international eco-label.
- Confirmations and invoicing is sent by email as much as possible .
Separation of Waste
- All waste within Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1 is kept separate and separately returned.
In the Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1 we continuously watch over the environmental performance of our employees. Internally, everyone is aware that we can make an important contribution to an ecologically friendly environment.
Want more information about the Green Key label look on www.greenkey.nl.
Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort - A1 meets the following conditions:
- We actively contribute to the development of our field and the transfer of our knowledge to others who want to learn the trade.
- We inform our relationships (customer / client, colleagues and suppliers) that we have a CSR.
- We make clear agreements with the customer / client and suppliers about the quality of our services and monitor the quality we deliver.
- We define the social impact of our services and limit them as much as possible as far as the negative impact such as fraudulent, intimidation, exploitation and child labor go.
- We monitor both the continuity of our company as the employer and we take precautions in case we have to deal with loss of income.
- We make a voluntary contribution to social causes through donations and sponsoring and / or volunteering.
- We are constantly working on reducing the environmental impact of our business.
- We are constantly working to improve our own procurement process when it comes to purchasing (office) materials and services with an environmental and / or social labeling.
Hotel Amersfoort - A1 is in possession of a Golden Green Key but has a dispensation on the lighting section. We strive to have all halogen lighting replaced with LED lights by January 1, 2014.